Monday, October 11, 2010

#2

ok so week four into the packaging project and I have to say I'm really enjoying it so far. I started working in clay last wednesday which i am delighted about. First I started by making a cube. The clay I got was too wet to throw with so while i let that dry a bit, I made a cube out of loads of bits of clay. I also made a hollow cylinder through it.



Last week I thought of the idea of making spheres that could end up as garden features or something. So I went and bought a ball and made a plaster mould of it. I made a two piece mold. I would fill each half of the mold with thrown cylinders and then join both halfs together. This is my first try at it.






2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura,
    I like the idea and the effects your getting. Maybe think about using these pieces to make other moulds- that way they'll be lighter and you'll keep the lovely texture and at the same time the process- maybe casting?? will add different quality to it.
    Very well done - can see that you are enjoying what you're doing :)
    Can't wait to see the next stage :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey aga thanks for the suggestion, just wondering, if i was to try make a mould and cast would i be able to get the pieces out because there are so many nooks and crannys?

    ReplyDelete