Tuesday, October 5, 2010

#1

Today we were told that we had to set up our own blog..we are supposed to use it as an online diary..upload photos on the projects as we work on them etc. So this is my first blog. Yay. Haha.

This is the third week into our first project. it runs for 8 or 9 weeks, to bring us up to the progress review. We have to make a piece which can be reproduced to make a small batch, inspired by packaging.  I think pictures are better then words so alot of this will be photos of my pieces and research.

I'm using cardboard boxes as my inspiration. I was in town one day when I came across some old cardboard boxes compressed together into a big cube. I loved the effect they gave. The boxes were so messy within this solid form. I decided to run with this idea for the rest of my project and my tutors were happy with it.



So I've been running with this concept for 2 weeks now and I think Ive come up with some pretty interesting stuff. These are pics from last week.



At our crtit Fiona suggested doing some ones that are hollow, so i focused on this this week.

































So thats what I've been up to for the last 3 weeks!!il update soon when I get more work done!!xx






















1 comment: